With dock and marina cleaning, you’ll be able to dock your boat in a clean place. Most people spend much time on boat docks during summer and spring. Failure to remove all the dirt and grime accumulated during the entire period can leave your marina or dock unpleasant. Thankfully, we’ll show you how to clean boat docks and marinas.
What can you do to bolster your at-home dock and marina cleaning routine in between maintenance appointments?
You’ve probably scheduled a dock and marina maintenance service with a reputable company like Waterline. However, that doesn’t mean you should do nothing in between the cleaning schedules. Your docks’ appearance is your responsibility, so you may not have to wait for a cleaning service sometimes.Are you having trouble maintaining your dock or marina? These dock and marina cleaning tips can help you get started. Click To Tweet
The following tips can help you keep your marina and boat docks clean.
- Reduce Mildew Growth
- Pressure Washer Carefully
- Stick With Natural Cleaning Solutions
- Bring Someone in to Maintain the Vegetation
1) Reduce Mildew Growth
Mildew spots may form on the dock over time, compromising its beauty. Thankfully, you can fight mildew growth using baking soda or white vinegar. All you have to do is mix one of the products with and spray the solution on mildew spots, then wipe. Notably, white vinegar and baking soda are environmentally friendly.
2) Pressure Washer Carefully
You can also use a pressure washer to clean your dock or marina. The frequency of pressure washing depends on the types of dock material, including:
- Pressure-Treated Lumber: Pressure-wash docks with pressure-treated lumber every one or two years. Use an approved washer or cleaning solution.
- Tropical Hardwoods: You can pressure-clean hardwood docks yearly using a pressure washer and a stiff brush. Finally, seal and stain the dock wood.
- Composite Decking: You don’t have to clean a composite dock material as with wood decking frequently. Use a pressure washer to remove the dirt.
- Aluminum Docks: You can pressure-wash an aluminum dock without damaging the docking area. However, it would help if you used cleaners approved by EPA.
3) Stick With Natural Cleaning Solutions
As an environment lover, you don’t want your surrounding to get contaminated by hazardous cleaning solutions. Unfortunately, ammonia and phosphorous-based cleaners have created numerous environmental concerns. So, consider using biodegradable, phosphate-free cleaners with neutral pH to clean your dock.
4) Bring Someone in to Maintain the Vegetation
Much vegetation around your dock or marina can cause boat navigation difficulties. So, as you clean your dock or marina, don’t forget to remove the excess vegetation around it. You can hire Waterline Preservation & Management to help maintain the vegetation around your lake or pond. We’ll remove the vegetation in the safest way possible.
Waterline Can Help
Dock and marina cleaning is straightforward with the right tools and equipment. However, if you don’t have the proper equipment, you can let Waterline help you do the job. Otherwise, leaving your dock decking unattended will negatively impact your docking area. Thankfully, we use modern equipment to clean docks.
Contact us today for dock cleaning and maintenance services.